ACC Kudthini, Karnataka
|Part of Project:||Landscape Development|
|Client Name:||Associated Cement Company|
Landscaping of ACC Kudthini, Bellary, Karnataka
ACC Kudthini is a 3.0 MTPA (Ultimate capacity) Cement Grinding Unit of Associate Cement Companies Ltd (ACC) at Kudatini Village in Bellary District of Karnataka.The proposed grinding unit project is located in the village Kudatini, Bellary district, Karnataka State. The nearest village is Kudatini at a distance of about 2.5-km from the site in south west direction. The nearest railway station is Kudatini at a distance of about 1.0-km. The entire clinker plant spread of 64.75-ha, out of which 19 -ha will be developed in greenbelt around plant site and open areas in phased manner.
The plant aims to maintain the highest possible standards in environment management, equipped with sophisticated air pollution control systems to stop dust and fugitive emissions. The environment-friendly ethos is further enhanced by a unique township designed on the principles of sustainable habitats incorporating features such as green energy, water conservation, natural air cooling and organic farming
The design concept aimed to develop a comprehensive scheme to respond to need for an aesthetically pleasing environment while addressing the following issues
1. Provided efficient & segregated circulation
2. Create a natural setting around the built mass in order to scale down the large size to human proportions
3. Provide recreational facilities in the form of amphitheatres, outdoor seating, plazas & shrines
4. Develop a lush green landscape with seasonal variation and visual variety in the form of color, texture and spaces
5. Used water as a focal element to generate interesting views
6. Develop an energy efficient lighting & irrigation plan. Explored and suggest alternative source of energy (solar)
7. Attempt of harvesting rain water and conserve & enhance the water cycle
8. Create dense buffer plantation to block strong west sun
9. Minimised dust & noise by providing extensive green cover in the form of grass, shrubs, trees and landform
10. Use of local species of trees and vernacular building material to reduce the carbon footprint.
11. State of art easy to maintain water features to be used landscape elements used to create focal points. Water used in all its different moods
12. Lighting designed as to add drama to the landscape.
13. Road round about designed to create interest.
14. The landscape mound forms a foreground to enhance the water fountain spray and camouflage services.
15. Varying height vertical landscape elements used to bring down the scale of the huge built mass.