Goa Marriot Resort, Panaji, Goa
|Part of Project:||Landscaping|
|Client Name:||Goa Marriots Resort|
Revitalisation and improvization of existing landscape
Goa Marriot Resort is a five star resort located at Aguada bay of Miramar beach, Goa at the edge of the sea providing views of the magnificent sea and stunning sunsets. Built in Mediterranean style, Goa Marriot has a large area with landscaped gardens and is equally popular in Leisure & business travelers.
The design brief mainly involved the re-vitalizing and improvisation of the existing landscape elements including signage and lighting as well as preparing and developing new proposals for the executive lounge, a herb garden and the open spaces.
The landscape concept involved the following
1. Improvising the main entrance from the gate to the lobby area. Enhance the lighting and planning design to create a visual impact and give a sense of arrival.
2. Creation of transitions zones between the built and the open spaces, create privacy for the lower level rooms.
3. Develop a viable planting scheme for the sea facing lawns for passive/ active recreation; create a herb garden for self sufficiency.
4. Prepare a landscape proposal for the executive lounge.
5. Enhancement of the landscape around the restaurant "Simply Fish" by highlighting entry, addition of plants and lighting.
6.Create areas of interest along the open spaces, such as rockeries, focal planting and resolve problem areas such as entrance porch planting, pool sea interface.